Friday, June 21, 2013

Munchings and Crunchings

I am feeling mildly guilty about the $153 I spent at Trader Joe's on my way home from the airport yesterday.  Admittedly that included two cases of Two Buck Chuck, which will last me for months.  And there was really only $5 of unplanned purchases in that, but I'm nothing if not neurotic about spending.  SO, since I am only cooking for me for awhile, I'm going to eat off the land as much as possible.  (And munch my way through the fridge and pantry for everything else - no trips to the grocery store for anything, if only because I have to get the car to the shop to have the brakes fixed, again).  That meant breakfast was eggs from the chickens (plus gluten free toast from Trader Joe's, and bacon leftover from last week which I have to eat or it will go to waste - at least that's my excuse).  Lunch is peas with mint (both from the garden) and cashews (most decidedly NOT from my garden, but OH how I wish they grew here!)  I haven't figured out what's for dinner yet... I have garlic and radishes and lettuce and a bunch of other salad greens and leeks and bunching onions, and more mulberries than I can measure.  And 16 eggs.  Mustn't forget those eggs...

No comments:

Post a Comment