Tuesday, May 15, 2012

More pleasant surprises

We've found more rhubarb, buried in unmowed areas.  Also, more asparagus, leeks, and GARLIC.  Oh, happy day!  I love garlic.  I had already ordered some to be delivered for planting in the fall.  It would be nice to be able to harvest some this year, though.

The bees in the nuc are quite busy.  They've chewed themselves a slightly larger opening.  This is fine, since I doubt they'll chew anything larger than they can defend.  And I'll get the woodware for real entrances, hopefully by Thursday... right, El Jefe?  Also, tomorrow I have to set the swarm lures.  Should have done it today, but I was distracted by cutting off the plastic the wind tore across the hoop house, and painting RoundUp on the area where the hops will go.  My list of things to do keeps getting longer faster than I can get anything done.

2 comments:

  1. This thread is worthless without pictures!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! That's one more thing on my TO DO LIST!!!

      But right now I'm taking a drink beak from mowing (since the tractor so kindly ran out of gas, I figured it was a good time to get a Coke).

      Xa Lynn

      Delete