Thursday, April 18, 2019

Twelve baby Silver Fox rabbits!

Sanka had four kits this morning, and Cinder had eight this afternoon.  This weekend I will baby-proof Cinder's cage, so that when the kits are large enough to leave the nest box on their own, they don't escape like half the last litter.  And the recaptured yard bunny will be moved out of the duck coop and into her own cage tomorrow or Saturday as well.  I am debating line breeding her to Momiji, or seeing how quickly I can acquire a good quality blue buck to breed her to, since I would like to add blue to my lines.  In either case, I will breed her in 6 weeks (the end of May) when Sanka and Cinder are re-bred, so that I have foster moms available in case she has first-time mom issues.  If the weather is decent tomorrow, I'll get pics of the babies and post them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment