Friday, September 10, 2010

Archer takes out homcidal tree

Yes, that time of year has rolled around again.  I haven't drawn my bow in two years, but El Jefe thought it would be fun to take the girls to the range where we could ALL practice.  Miss Pirate was mad when her arrow bounced off the target (at least she HIT the target!), the Princess had a meltdown when she lost an arrow OVER the target (we recovered it - but the foreshadowing of the emotional hissy fits of puberty was frightening).   And I, well... I managed to murder a tree.  El Jefe said I should tell everyone the tree had ripped itself from the forest floor and was chasing us down to kill us all, when I spun around and put an arrow in its heart.  In reality, it's been two years, and I've had Lasik and no longer wear glasses, and I just plain forgot to use the peep sight with my right eye, instead lining up the target, the pin, and my left eye - resulting in a hit accurate on the vertical plane, but four feet to the left on the horizontal, impaling a tree with a diameter barely twice that of my arrow shaft.  We took pics on El Jefe's phone to prove it.  I'll have to figure out how to download and post them here...

2 comments:

  1. I just can't figure out which one is Miss Pirate and which is the Princess....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Princess is the eldest... the one who prefers long dresses to jeans, and tiaras to sweatbands. The Pirate prefers mud and sweatbands to anything else. She would wear worm bracelets if they would stay on...

    ReplyDelete