Tuesday, February 26, 2013

God is the Gardener

Genesis 2:8 The Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed.

I am reading through Genesis again, and noticed for the first time, that God is a gardener, too.  Better to say, God is THE Gardener.  He planted the Tree of Life in His garden.  I plant the food that sustains my life in mine.  I find all kinds of life there, and death.  That, too, came first to Eden.  He planted the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil there, and that knowledge came to Man by man's own doing.  I learn the right and wrong of my garden by doing, as well.  If I do it right, I will have good fruit.  If I do it wrong, I will have bad fruit, or no fruit at all.  The fact that I have to  sweat so much doing it?  See Genesis 3:17b

          "Cursed is the ground for your sake;
           In toil you shall eat of it
          All the days of your life."

I am grateful that God cursed the ground, and not man directly.  And I am grateful for my garden, and all I am gaining from it, in knowledge, wisdom, peace, and sustenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment