Wednesday, June 26, 2019

New Deep on the New Hive

I slapped a second deep on the hive of the swarm I caught last month.  Apparently, they've been building comb like crazy because it was ENTIRELY full.  I guess they've had nothing better to do since the rain has kept them in so many days.  I should have checked it two weeks ago.  Anyway, I'll check this again in two weeks to see if I can get a super on it.  It would be nice to get some honey off a new hive.  I don't always... some years it is all they can do to fill two deeps before winter.

On the old hive, I was going to pull the super today, but didn't get to it.  I'll do it tomorrow after I get back from hauling the youngest daughter to town for a doctor appt.  It isn't supposed to rain til Friday, so that should work.  I also have to figure out where my hive tool has gone... couldn't find it yesterday, and ended up using my pocket knife, which is somewhat less efficient...

No comments:

Post a Comment