Friday, February 3, 2012

Lovely Day Cleaning the Hoop House

Yesterday I finally accomplished something.  I got all the beds down the sides of the hoop house cleaned up, pulling up at least 15 sled loads of weeds, and piling them up outside in a mound as tall as I am.  The weather was perfect for this job, and I love the H-house.  I am contemplating moving into it... ah, no, but if you can't find me in the real house, the H-house is the best place to look next.  It smells wonderful in there.  I am wondering if that is the scent of figs or something...  The temperature outside was pushing 50, so it was ten degrees warmer in the H-house and I took off my jacket because it felt like May.  The ground inside was not frozen.  It was damp from the walls to about two feet inward, which made pulling weeds easier, and I was very pleasantly surprised at how loose and light the dirt was.  I grew up on clay and always expect that.  I'd like 15 yards of compost to top off the beds, but I think it'll be okay even if I don't get it all this year, because the dirt was so good.  Before and after pics will follow as soon as I figure out how to get them from the camera to the computer...

No comments:

Post a Comment