Sunday, August 21, 2011

So we have a place to go...

We did finally get things arranged for a rental place in Williamston after the close on the sale of our house here - of course, I really do mean AFTER - we'll be homeless for a few days, which means I am going to pitch the children into the van and drive up to Sturgeon River Campground (and hope it doesn't rain).  The kids are delighted - the Campground is owned and operated by another homeschooling family, and they have children the same age as ours, thus making it my kids' absolute favorite campground in all the world.  El Jefe has to work the rest of the week, but he may show up Friday so I have some help breaking camp on Saturday morning.  Assuming we can get into the rental that day (I'm still awaiting a Sat or Sun decision). 

I'm still packing, but we've reserved a 17' truck for this Friday, and have some friends who will show up at various times that day to help move the furniture.  It's a big enough truck to fit everything that's left in the house, but I'm still trying to get a bit more out of here beforehand, since we only have the truck for 6 hours and I have no idea how long it will actually take to load and unload the furniture, etc.

We're doing homeschool (just math, phonics, and spelling) thru Wednesday, then I'm pitching it all in the bin (storage, not trash) and calling it good until Labor Day...

which we do not "celebrate" as neither El Jefe nor I have any respect for any union currently in existence, except UMWA.  Someday, I'll have time to blog about why, but that will not be today, as my unscheduled coffee break is now over, and it is back to packing...

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. I hate moving and packing! I've certainly done it a lot in my 20s--probably 7 places in 10 years.

    Hope all is going well!

    ---Kathleen @ Katydid and Kid

    ReplyDelete